Endless Summer: NYC exhibition

Thursday, November 15, 2012

I want to thank everyone who came out on Friday for my opening, Endless Summer at Platform LES. It was a huge success and I feel blessed to have so many wonderful and supportive people in my life. It has been a wild, exciting and at times stressful year: three solo exhibitions and two group shows, commissions and record print sales, magazine covers and inserts, One Kings Lane sale and lots of painting....deep breath. I'll be working on some commissions the next couple months along with a few new pieces for a group show in February but will be taking a little step back. I feel like I've been going nonstop for the past couple years with back to back exhibitions and projects. I wouldn't trade any of it but I'm looking for a little more balance in life as I'm sure most of you can relate to. Sometimes, as a newer artist you feel like you need to take every opportunity that comes your way, even at the expense of your health, sanity, social life (ha, social life, what's that?).  Since there is nothing I'd rather be doing with my life this really just means I need some time to regroup. Oh don't get me wrong, I'll still be painting everyday but will just be slowing down my exhibition schedule next year. It isn't even New Years and I'm already proclaiming my resolutions, so I'll leave you with these photos of the opening. If you're in NY please stop by and see these in person, the show is up until Dec. 1st. 81 Hester St. New York, NY






My parents were so sweet to come to NY for the opening, here they are in front of my studio.
 And I'll leave you with a photo of me in the studio working on pieces for the show.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Samantha French All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger